Wednesday 13 July 2011

books

Reading books is my life. I can buy books from bookshops and on the net.  In England I like visiting secondhand book shops because I can pay only one to five pounds for a book.  This time I bought two cookery books. After marrying to a British man I started using Delia Smiths' books.  I made many cakes from her recipes.  The most famous is the Ameican Brownies.  I added my collection with How to Cheat one. 

Being Asian and running Asian lunch group I love to cook oriental meals.  Almost 2,5kg heavy book published in 1989 but covers recipes from China, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand (my favourite), Vietnam (have to learn more recipes to cook), Korea (love their food), Singapore, Sr Lanka, Burma, India, Pakistan, Japan (know how to cook many recipes but still would like to improve). 

 

My FIL bought me Garden-Inspired Quilt Block Desings, lovely book, lots of quilts, uses paper-piercing techniques. 

Barack Obama's Dreams From My Father, very readable, actually already finished.  Have to start the other one The Last Empress, by Anchee Min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails