Monday 8 November 2010

Making Mongolian food

I do not make much Mongolian food at home but last night I decided to make some khuushuur, fried dumplings.  Usually, I make potato khuushuur but I did not have potatoes and it was Sunday evening, everything was closed.  Potato khuushuur  does not take much time to fry.  Luckily, I had some minced beef in the freezer.  I made a dough, flour mixed with plain yougurt, melted butter and some water, which is not really Mongolian way.  Typical dough would be just water and flour.  

My two little darlings were interested in helping or just playing next to me.  I showed to my DD1 how to make her first ever khuushuur.  She was very proud that she made her first one and wondered off.  I had to make rest!  After some time I am sure I will have great helper.  DD1 is now 4 years old and learning how to write.  Some day ago she asked me how to write bansh, boiled dumplings.  When we were this summer in Mongolia she wanted to eat only bansh in restaurants.

DD2 always copies whatever older sister does and she wanted roll a dough.  Here they are working hard and helping mummy, correction, learning how to help me in the future.  Our dog is not allowed to enter kitchen, I am sure if he enteres he would help to eat all khuushuur.  Once we left on the kitchen worktop leftover roasted chicken, he helped himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails