Wednesday 29 September 2010

Advance my Portuguese

Today I had my first Portuguese lesson with many different nationalities in a next town Paco de Arcos.  There were Spanish, Romanian, French, German, Danish, East Timorese, and me Mongolian.

 The Portuguese government runs Portuguese for Foreigners language lessons throughout the country in secondary schools.  These classes try to integrate immigrants easily to its culture and traditions.  For lessons I do have to pay €40 for whole academic year. 
Poet Luis Gamoes
I will have lessons twice a week for an hour and half each and hopefully, at the end of the year I will revise my Portuguese and speak quite well. 

When I first arrived in Portugal nine years ago I went to Lisbon University to learn Portuguese and unfortunately, I did not practice much after and almost have eaten everything that I learnt.  Nowadays, I just tell people that I have a very good shopping Portuguese and can understand newspaper headlines. 
These means that I have broken Portuguese.  I do have ability to explain myself but if conversation flow I might do not understand much. 
Poet Fernando Pessoa
Now, fingers crossed and vamos falar Portuguese!  Who knows I might be good on my forth language one day!   After that I can learn French!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails